I got bluetooth working last night on the clock really quickly. Steps are as follows.
- Plug in bluetooth board to Arduino programming ports, 5V to 5V, GND to GND, RX to DOUT, and TX to DIN.
- When the clock is powered on, the bluetooth board should light up and you should be able to pair with your computer.
- Connect using a serial application like CoolTerm with the Baud Rate set to
115200 and new line character set to LF with local echo.
$$$ to enter command mode.
- Set the name using:
- Set the Baud Rate to 9600 or whatever you got in the Arduino's setup function,
- Reboot the bluetooth device and repair with now named Nixie Clock bluetooth device.
- Now you can connect with the Baud Rate set to 9600 and talk to the Arduino.
When I have completed the code, I will work on releasing all details about making this clock.